Rock Has Arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is an average piece

Attachments

• tank_009.jpg
    tank_009.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 142
Did that ricordia come on your LR.com order?! Very nice!! I don't know what that little yellow thing is. Got lots of little weird looking Orange things on my rock. Nothing so bright yellow.

Not sure what ricordia is ,please explain. But everything in the pics came on it. the yellow thing looks like some kind of baby coral. It came with a lot of the green leafy stuff if thats what your talking about.

Quarryshark dont scare me PLEASE, 8O What kind of hitchikers can i expect?

The yellow thing is a sponge I'm pretty sure, looks a lot like what I got.
Thumper, keep a close eye and ear out for crabs and mantis. With 240 lbs, you should fully expect to get a few.
You should also get a good amount of snails, worms, pods, coral polyps..more duster will pop out...all kinds of cool stuff.
Lots of places for critters to hide in this rock.
Don't sweat it, its all part of getting quality live rock. You can deal with it as it comes. :D
Didn't mean it in a bad way.

The really cool things to the upper left and to the right of the picture in the "what is this" post with the yellow sponge(?). They look like bumpy mushrooms. Not as colorful as some I've seen but I love the way they look none the less. Quite cool!

Ok cool. I learn something new everyday. One rock had 8 or 9 on it.
I'll have to take a pic tomorrow but it looks like a tree with no leaves and is bright red in color and I'd like to know what that is as well.
Their is also a fuzzy/hairy critter about half the size of my thumb that opens up and moves around and it looked like it puked one time, blew white creamy stuff all in the water. really weird. I have a lot more to learn about now....

Sounds like a sponge of some sort too (any of this look familiar: http://www.reeftopia.com/Gorgoniansponges.html ). I had a fuzzy bristle worm. Looks like a catapiller. Well I had 2, one is now in QT for taking a huge bite out of a hairy mushroom.

I had 2 new crabs turn up today. One is really purple (?!) and the other is a weird mottled red color. I'm always surprised to see what comes out of my rock and it's been in my tank for 2mo now!

Red Gorgonian it is, thanks. I paid 9 bucks a pound for my first live rock and I feel so raped now after seeing what good live rock is.

Back
Top Bottom