Ryshark's 75-gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I am about 2-weeks away from my 1-year date of when I started my tank and first true aquarium experience. I started off thinking I would only do a fowlr. Now I can't see doing it any other way than a reef. This is what I have so far minus my acanthastrea lord that died today, but there is still much more to come. One goal is to get rid of those ugly wires and overflow skimmer you see in the picture and get a true sump and reef ready tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 71
Very nice ryshark. Nice to see that blue tang back in the main tank. (That's the one that went through hypo... right?)

Sorry to hear about the acan. Sounds like my comments may have been a little late on that other thread. Don't worry though... we all go through some corals in the process of learning. I've lost three plate corals and two bubble corals and a colony of zoanthids in the short 2 years I've had my tank up. I'm not proud of it, but it happens, just as it does in the ocean.

PS... don't worry about the wires and overflow too much. I'm thinking once your coralline takes off, they'll just blend in with the coralline covered background - assuming you don't clean the back glass. Although now that I look at it again, that back glass looks pretty darn clean. Think you clean it, eh?

I have the acan in a cup still, probably for the past 6-hours or so now. It looks pretty bad the tissue is pulling away. After reading your thread I went and looked at it again, maybe I should have left it in the tank and not put it in the cup for possible disposal. Oh well.

Good memory on the Blue Tang. That is the one which was very bad with ich at one point. The advice on here and that hypo link you sent were a huge help. Then when I got the PBT I QT it from the start and hypo'd it after I saw flasing, just in case. So many lessons to learn the hard way.

As far as the coralline, yes, I do scrape it off the back of the tank a few times a week. I prefer the clean look, but hey, to each their own. My magnet glass scraper inside the tank is very purple/pink with coralline though:cool:

Back
Top Bottom