Salt Water Startup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So you have your hands in your tank every day. I've wondered whether having my hands / arm in the aquarium to much does anything to the water quality from body oil, etc ... ?

Mag float.... scrape everyday and keep your hands dry. ;)

So you have your hands in your tank every day. I've wondered whether having my hands / arm in the aquarium to much does anything to the water quality from body oil, etc ... ?

You know, its funny because one day I had just washed my hands and then put them in the tank and freaked out for a few seconds because I thought to myself, did i get all the soap off and blah blah blah...lol

It's that time of the week again, time to spend money on the aquarium!
I will probably pick up a mag float tonight or tomorrow.

My watchem has disappeared but I see a few holes that have been dug under my rocks....

Mag floats are the best!

I'm gonna have to get one! So it works by simply putting a magnet on the inside of the glass and the other on the outside and you slide it? Does it have a sharp blade edge or something that scrapes the glass?

I don't, I keep it parked in the upper corner of the tank. When I use it I put a paper towel underneath inside the tank, I it cleans better that way.

It works great, I never take it out (I even have coralline on the inside part), and dont worry it doesnt scratch the glass at all, it helps clean both the inside and outside =)

Algea usually forms when your Nitrate starts to climb. But everyday I clean the glass the next day its full again. I mean I don't mind keeping it clean, i was just wondering what causes this type of algea to form

Back
Top Bottom