Scott's 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scottayy said:
Definitely cause today he's all over it and the coral is the coral equivalent of pissed! Closed up and deflated.

Hate to though, anemones are a hassle.

Yeah. Well maybe try a frogspawn or hammer? Can clowns host those?

Are you going to move the coral and hope the clown leaves it alone?

Funny... Most people try to get their clowns to host, yours is doing it and you don't want it to!

I'm going to get an anemone for them. They can host a frogspawn or hammer.. i have both but it chose the plate coral.

Going to get them a bubble tip anemone in hopes they don't kill off the plate coral and that the anemone doesn't walk around killing everything else.

Haha! My clowns are so dumb... They wont host any of my lps. Not sure why everyone feels like it is automatic for a clown to host a frogspawn because that seems pretty rare in my experience.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha! My clowns are so dumb... They wont host any of my lps. Not sure why everyone feels like it is automatic for a clown to host a frogspawn because that seems pretty rare in my experience.

I thought it might be a good alternative. Plus, I think people think frogspawn is an anemone. TBH, I didn't know the difference at first. Probably would have bought one thinking it was a nem.

Your clowns aren't dumb!! They are just very particular!

scottayy said:
I'm going to get an anemone for them. They can host a frogspawn or hammer.. i have both but it chose the plate coral.

Going to get them a bubble tip anemone in hopes they don't kill off the plate coral and that the anemone doesn't walk around killing everything else.

Yay!!!! Hopefully it does well and behaves itself! Your clown will be so so happy!

(watch him not go near it and continue pestering the plate coral...)

Yay!!!! Hopefully it does well and behaves itself! Your clown will be so so happy!

(watch him not go near it and continue pestering the plate coral...)

:lol:

I caught the other one hosting my bubble coral earlier! Snuggling down in it. There's a rose bubble tip anemone at the pet store I have my eye on. I'll probably get it.

I got the rose bubble tip! It is small, bleached a little bit, and was overpriced. I was really in need of an anemone though so I got it lol.

It's already opened up and my clown is already hosting it!

img_2098043_0_2dd1734dbd020eb67dd4247bca166414.jpg

scottayy said:
I got the rose bubble tip! It is small, bleached a little bit, and was overpriced. I was really in need of an anemone though so I got it lol.

It's already opened up and my clown is already hosting it!

Yep, maroon clowns love RBTA!

Oh Scottayy!! That is so adorable! I'm happy for you and your clowns and your nem and your plate coral! How is the coral looking now that the clowns are leaving it alone?

Yeah Kio - me too. How fast do nems grow? I know the female clown fish can get up to 5-6" and the male a little bit smaller. This anemone is only 4 inches at the most so I hope it can keep up to the clownfish's growth. I have a video coming up, because everyone loves clownfish.

scottayy said:
Yeah Kio - me too. How fast do nems grow? I know the female clown fish can get up to 5-6" and the male a little bit smaller. This anemone is only 4 inches at the most so I hope it can keep up to the clownfish's growth. I have a video coming up, because everyone loves clownfish.

They grow fairly quickly. It'll really start opening up once it's found it's comfort spot.

haha funny story, the female clown took charge of the anemone and now won't leave it. the male harasses the plate coral still but it seems the plate coral has adjusted to it.

Anyways I'm thinking of re-aquascaping and giving the classic rock pile look instead of this full look. Reason being because a rock tumbled today when I was fiddling in the tank. Nothing serious. Just fell on another rock.

Bah, still looks like crap. I'm never good with arranging rocks. But oh well once I put my corals back in the rock and they grow out it will look good.

img_2135807_0_922ba8fa21c383ab8b11889c9312ceeb.jpg

I think it looks great too. I used pvc on mine and now am wondering if I went should not have cause I can't take the pieces off and make a hole or two for a coral to go. I have some flexibility but not like you do. Do you have an overhang for a fishy to hide? I think I see some but am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom