Scott's 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LFS wants $75 for a Koralia 750. No thank you. I'm all for supporting local businesses but that is ridiculous right there.

EDIT| DrsFosterSmith has it for $33.09.

I knew it. Moving the rocks made my nitrates jump to about 50. Doing back to back PWC's.

On a happy note I got this awesome picture of my male goldstripe maroon clownfish hosting my plate coral.

img_2137369_0_b05b6b9ca0bf865b14bfd3a5b310d5cc.jpg

Sweet Clown. That's the kind I am getting ....well one day anyway. OMG 75.00, outrageous what some of these "LFS's" want. Guess they figure you'd buy so you don't have to wait for shipments. LOL

Sweet Clown. That's the kind I am getting ....well one day anyway. OMG 75.00, outrageous what some of these "LFS's" want. Guess they figure you'd buy so you don't have to wait for shipments. LOL

They are the most beautiful clown IMO.

Yeah, this pet store is clueless I think when it comes to fish stuff. Too good to be true prices on some stuff, ridiculous prices on others.

On another note I just threw away about a soccer ball sized piece of chaeto! And left me a baseball sized piece in the sump. Felt bad throwing it away but neither pet store around me wanted any.

haha there's nothing glowing. that is both the actinics and the daylights.. my phone just makes pictures way blue-er than they really are.

the polyps aren't extended and the tissue is receded on the underneath.

I read through most of your threads so far. Very impressive, not only did I learn more about your lighting structure, I learned more about corals which is very inspiring!

Is this acro completely dead?

img_2170908_0_02c65a09b5160a6f29c27f3713cec2b1.jpg

Mine looks like that too, it quite extending also. But it stopped receding so I am hoping it is coming back, I would say it is not dead but does need some help of some sort (I don't know what kind of help though) I moved mine and that's when it stopped receding and it looks like it may be "wanting" to extend if that makes any sense.

I just took out all the pvc in my tank (I've lost too many fish with no remains lately) and am in the process of rearranging all my rock. So all my corals are in a 20 gallon temporarily, I gotta get it done cause one doesn't look too well but the acro looks ok from the move. Let me know what you find out.

Can you do a full tank shot, I'd love to see what you got going on? :)

Here's the purple firefish that i added a couple of weeks ago being all purply and firefishy.

Attachments

• IMG_20121208_173531.jpg
    IMG_20121208_173531.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 136
I love that fish, mine died a month ago. He was the first fish I got and he did awesome. I just got another one cause my tank wasn't the same without hime, the new one has been in quarantine for a week now. Enjoy that fish...mine and I had staring contests. Lol

Snapped a good picture of my YWG today. He's so cute and grumpy looking lol.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130129_152735.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130129_152735.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom