Spidey's 30G Shallow Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry for the delay, it's been a week. But yeah, these are not dinos. Just early stages of cyano as the tank works on maturing. Just keep up with the ro/di water changes.

Exciting to see a good deal grabbed up and made into a really fun project.

Also that you left the space on the wall "ready" to roll for a tank! hahaha!

Update 11/28/2020 - Got an Anemone, got over some of the issues
I've made it through the issues I was having. I did some proactive things to help fight off the dinos. I also went through a bout of green hair algae, then cyano. Thankfully things are nice and clean. The cycle went from snot like dinos, to hair algae everywhere, then to cyano in some spots on the sand.

When, what I assumed were dinos were around, my was no3 is very low - close to 0 (undetectable in my red sea kit) and Po4 was around .07 (I've since bumped that to 5ppm and around am around .05ppm respectively.)

The things I did to fight off (what looked like) the dinos:
  1. Raised No3 to at least 5ppm (using NeoNitro and feeding a lot, now just weekly)
  2. Siphoned out all that I can daily into a filter sock and changing the filter sock daily I've since stopped)
  3. Cleaned off zoa frags with a turkey baster that were covered in dinos and showing signs of being stressed
  4. Dosed Microbacter 7
  5. Started dosing H202 3%, 4ml a day (I've since stopped)
  6. Running carbon reactor
  7. Lower light intensity
  8. Raise temperature to 80°
  9. Added a UV sterilizer (I've since stopped)

Here is a FTS from 10/10/2020:]
wiFEkdp.jpg

FTS from 10/25/2020:
pQavzYN.jpg

Duncan Progression
8Cunqex.jpg

Coralline Algae Progression
jXj1kte.jpg

Cheato Reactor Growth
2b9Lhp1.jpg

I initially told myself I wouldn't get another anemone. The Last time I did, I went off the deep and got into propagating them. It's almost like anything you put in a reef tank is at the whim of the anemone if it feels like moving around and such.

That being said, I fell in love with this nem at my LFS and had to get it. I've already been trying to fight with it so it stays on the front side of the tank, so far it has a really good anchor and has had amazing tips.

Here are the photos:
PJefpsy.jpg

En8GRKS.jpg

Some Other Random Shots:
3b8rklT.jpg

p9Hg8NB.jpg

l7D5Hsm.jpg

jZ5n8ST.jpg

UC3OYOW.jpg

LmO13UG.jpg

FTS 11/28/2020 (Sorry for the reflections)
TsK6xxd.jpg

Halymenia Growth Comparison:
zD4xtHR.jpg

I also think I have a pretty dialed in dosing regimen as of right now. The cyanobacteria I was fighting against melted away when I finally shifted to all frozen foods. I've yet to test No3 or Po4 this week, but I will be testing them soon.

Daily Dosing Regimen:
6ml - Tropic Marin All for Reef
8ml - Red Sea Reef AB+
10ml - OceanMagik Phytoplankton
1sq in - LRS Reef Frenzy Nano

Twice Weekly Dosing Regimen:
10ml - Brightwell ChaetoGro

Weekly Dosing Regimen on an as Needed Basis:
Brightwell NeoPhos
Brightwell NeoNitro
Brightwell Microbacter 7

Filtration in the tank at the moment:
Filter Sock 200 Micron (changed out weekly)
Sc Aquariums SCA-301 Skimmer Running Dry
SeaChem Matrix Carbon
Chaeto Reactor
Dr. Tims Waste Away Gel

It looks like your focus on the tank is paying off. Great development on the Duncan, looks good for Chaeto, and other corals. Beautiful Anemone. Appreciate the comparison and split pics!

Back
Top Bottom