Squidy's 60gal reef ready cube rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidy07

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi so I'm building my stand right now for my marineland 60gal cube it's rimless so no salt creep ! Right now my equipment for the tank is 2 mp10's, reefkeeperlite, 120watt dimable LEDs. I need a sump and skimmer and a rodi unit to make it easier.

Il post more pics as I go I just need to finish the stand first an I'm not sure how yet. I'm undecided on painting it black or staining it ? Idk il see

Looking good so far! I love cube tanks. What's happening regarding stock? Any ideas yet?

Looking good so far! I love cube tanks. What's happening regarding stock? Any ideas yet?

Thanks oscar i just finished staining the stand I will post pics tomorrow. As of livestock idk yet i do knw its going to be a reef tank. I have a ton of corals in my other tank that I will transfer later on

I plan moving the stand in tomorrow as well. I just need a sump and the pluming. Anyone know where to find a cheap sump?

I plan moving the stand in tomorrow as well. I just need a sump and the pluming. Anyone know where to find a cheap sump?

Make one yourself. Grab a cheap tank and just add baffles. It's what I plan on doing.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393385090.305227.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393385117.754182.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393385143.750037.jpg

The stain came out really good the color is coffee from home depot behr product. I just have to paint the back of the glass black, put the door on, and make the plumbing holes bigger that way I have more room to play with it.

Did you stain the inside of the stand too? I just finished building my 60g cube stand a couple hours ago and it came out alright.(heavy as heck tho lol)... I was planning to stain it but now I think I am going to paint it white. Really I am wondering how hard staining was.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394563904.023280.jpg now I built it with basically cavemen tools and I have no experience so it might not be perfect but it should do.

But I was reading about needing like wood conditioner and then a varnish or something. So I was worried I would mess it up

Back
Top Bottom