start of new 190ltr build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
having a bit of trouble with algae at the moment have brought an api reef master test kit and everything tests pretty much perfect except for kh which is a little bit low as for nitrate , phosphate etc all are 0 thinking it may be because when i first set the tank up i used an old coral life fluro tube which is when the problem started and now with the new led's i think i am just feeding it so plan my plan is to remove all rocks and give them a good scrub as well as another pwc clean substrate as algae has just wrecked it then hopefully i will have killed it off. Then i plan to dose with caribsea buffer plus into ato reservoir and add purple up when needed hope i can fix it because at the moment it looks very average

Really impressive set up here. I love tanks built into walls nothing beats the subtle addition to a room. Nice modest selection of fish.. Assuming you'll be adding more when your all set up.

Any specific fish your thinking about down the road?

Really impressive set up here. I love tanks built into walls nothing beats the subtle addition to a room. Nice modest selection of fish.. Assuming you'll be adding more when your all set up.

Any specific fish your thinking about down the road?

yeah so other than what i already have here is a list of fish i would like obviously not all of them don't want to overstock so not entirely sure which ones yet

Flame angel, mandarin, blue cheeked goby, a few chromus, firefish or purple firefish, cleaner wrasse, coral beauty are some that i can think of at the moment

i was also thinking a yellow tang but not sure about the size of the tank being to small maybe ??

i spent about 6 hours the other day cleaning the tank i took all the rocks out and scrubbed them most of the sand came out and got washed and then washed again and sat in the sun for about 3 or 4 hours also did a decent pwc then dosed ato water with caribsea buffer plus and added purple up. so hopefully thats the last i see of nasty green algae.

i should note i brought tiger cowrie snail the other day the fish shop said he was reef safe but im not so sure about that now after a bit of research ?

obviously could never get the rocks back the way they were so here's an updated pic better or worse ??

Attachments

• IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3304.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 123
I've read everything on here and I have to say that your tank is amazing. I hope to upgrade to a saltwater sometime later and I hope it will look as cool as this.

Matik24 said:
I've read everything on here and I have to say that your tank is amazing. I hope to upgrade to a saltwater sometime later and I hope it will look as cool as this.

Cool thanks it isnt that great yet will be once i put a few corals in there though :)

have just installed a humidistat to control the exhaust fan to keep the humidity down :)

Attachments

• IMG_3458.jpg
    IMG_3458.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 112
That's a good list of fish. Youve got such a nice setup you should def start getting some coral.
Cant remember if you said earlier you were planning on corals or keeping it fowlr

I'm very jealous of your setup

Pony of the Sea said:
That's a good list of fish. Youve got such a nice setup you should def start getting some coral.
Cant remember if you said earlier you were planning on corals or keeping it fowlr

I'm very jealous of your setup

Definatly having corals :) i'm having a slight diatom problem at the moment but once thats sorted i'll look at getting some

Great!

Corals are the best. So beautiful and they really add depth and diversity of life inside your aquarium

Can't wait for updates and future pictures of your reef

Pony of the Sea said:
Great!

Corals are the best. So beautiful and they really add depth and diversity of life inside your aquarium

Can't wait for updates and future pictures of your reef

I dont know a great deal about corals yet but one that i love is elegance coral

:dance: new corals

img_1629106_0_c797e0c3b3035915b9f2b6089131a44f.jpg

img_1629106_1_6124c68d9bd8dfc88630a5e90493121e.jpg

img_1629106_2_d73523ef030feb513637badf5dd82d04.jpg

Very nicely done. Impressive. Isn't great if you can build things yourself! :)

i can see why some people would prefer a brace less tank after almost a cut arterie and half a dozen stitches later lucky the timber frame stopped the front of the tank from collapsing :facepalm: have had better days

Back
Top Bottom