Tank arrived finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scottayy said:
Yep - on the end of the drain pipe that goes into the sump. I haven't seen a filter running with a sump (sump does what the filter does plus numerous other benefits). But, it couldn't hurt I guess, if you're set on it or want some more flow.

Sweet as. I wasn't planning on it so all is good. I've got 2 10000lh wave makers for flow so I should b all set. Now all I need is time to set it up

Has anyone had any experience wit radiata lionfish? Or am I better off getting a volitan? Also what puffer is recommended

I'd recommend going with the Volitan because you obviously have the tank size for it. The radiata has a more consistant coloring that's not quite as "wild" as the volitans. The radiata can reach a maximum of 10", the volitan has been measured at 15+....so you get the idea. In terms of puffers, there's numerous ones out there, your tank has almost no limits as to what you can keep. I'd tak a look at the dog-faced puffer, he has a very interesting appearance. Here's a very good link for some saltwater profiles.

Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums

fantastic tank you have there, I will be following this set-up thread

thanks for sharing :cool:

Amazing tank and at a bargain price. Gonna be following this thread, can't wait to see the end product.

AusAaron said:
Hey guys. Does anyone use pool filter sand

LOVE IT. have it in 5 tanks

img_1499146_0_568370627933d9b96893745b63add342.jpg

img_1499146_1_e6e6ee7c0e4644c5a1cf80c6c14fd5ad.jpg

img_1499146_2_8664c1bbcf849bafd2839fc997d1c9d6.jpg

img_1499146_3_7071e0335b9e7993562bf34410363f1f.jpg

img_1499146_4_2facf72de5708aa60902d419e6444366.jpg

It looks pretty amazing to me lol

Flossie said:
LOVE IT. have it in 5 tanks

It looks pretty amazing to me lol

Lol. Sweet as. Got some neat aquariums dude. Lfs bloke said it'd b fine so I grabbed a heap but thought I'd better ask caus u know what their advice can b like. 5 tanks. That would b a handful. I'm struggling to find time to set up one. But shall b worth the wait. Cheers guys

AusAaron said:
Lol. Sweet as. Got some neat aquariums dude. Lfs bloke said it'd b fine so I grabbed a heap but thought I'd better ask caus u know what their advice can b like. 5 tanks. That would b a handful. I'm struggling to find time to set up one. But shall b worth the wait. Cheers guys

Are properly cycled and u have a water changer that hooks up to the sink :)) also im a housewife no children yet so I have time for the tanks right now lol :)

Just make sure u rinse the sand really well b4 adding it to your tank... And make sure you are not running filters while u are adding the sand! Good luck !!! Post pics when u are done :)

Flossie said:
Are properly cycled and u have a water changer that hooks up to the sink :)) also im a housewife no children yet so I have time for the tanks right now lol :)

Just make sure u rinse the sand really well b4 adding it to your tank... And make sure you are not running filters while u are adding the sand! Good luck !!! Post pics when u are done :)

Sweet as. Thanks. Will post pics when set up. B lil while yet

huma-huma said:
I'd recommend going with the Volitan because you obviously have the tank size for it. The radiata has a more consistant coloring that's not quite as "wild" as the volitans. The radiata can reach a maximum of 10", the volitan has been measured at 15+....so you get the idea. In terms of puffers, there's numerous ones out there, your tank has almost no limits as to what you can keep. I'd tak a look at the dog-faced puffer, he has a very interesting appearance. Here's a very good link for some saltwater profiles.

Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums

Thinking a volitan also. I am yet to see a radiata in person yet but love the volitan. Yeah the dog face is kewl. Puffers seem to have a unique personality. Cheers I'll have a look

Purevil21 said:
Nice tank, can't wait to watch the build! What are the dimensions of that tank?

Sorry champ. forgot to give u dimensions. 60x24x26 610L

Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a cuc 4 my tank. Just trying to piece everything together. I now have all my gear to set up minus rock. Just buying a house that's why not set up. Sorry 4 delays but learning a lot from u guys so longer the better. It'll b 610L 200l sump. As much live rock I can fit without crowding and b mainly a predator tank. Snowflake, lion, puffer, trigger, harlequin tusk. Mayb a pair of clowns and a tang if suitable. Not sure on last 2 caus they may get a hard time. Just can't seem to come across anything suitable. Cheers guys. Much appreciated and any comment welcome

AusAaron said:
Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a cuc 4 my tank. Just trying to piece everything together. I now have all my gear to set up minus rock. Just buying a house that's why not set up. Sorry 4 delays but learning a lot from u guys so longer the better. It'll b 610L 200l sump. As much live rock I can fit without crowding and b mainly a predator tank. Snowflake, lion, puffer, trigger, harlequin tusk. Mayb a pair of clowns and a tang if suitable. Not sure on last 2 caus they may get a hard time. Just can't seem to come across anything suitable. Cheers guys. Much appreciated and any comment welcome

I'm a reef guy,but to me I think any cleanup crew you put in will get eaton quickly.

Ricksreef said:
I'm a reef guy,but to me I think any cleanup crew you put in will get eaton quickly.

Thats my thoughts 2. Cheers

Don't get a snowflake eel, get a zebra eel. I honestly don't know how many gallons this is, but if it's 125g or more, then a zebra would be a much cooler addition IMO. Don't get me wrong though, I love my snowflake eel.

slitherbomb said:
Don't get a snowflake eel, get a zebra eel. I honestly don't know how many gallons this is, but if it's 125g or more, then a zebra would be a much cooler addition IMO. Don't get me wrong though, I love my snowflake eel.

A zebra. I'll look into it cheers. Not sure how many gallons but a fair amount. Am yet to c one in shops down here will look on net. Thanks again

Hey guys. Im using pool filter sand in my tank and wondering if i should mix in a bit of live sand or have a layer on the top? And also when i bed the rock into the sand can i just use base rock and have live rock over it or is live rock better on bottom? Thanks. Hopefully not too far away from setting up and posting progress pics :)

Back
Top Bottom