Tank arrived finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't have to use anything live, it can be dry sand and base rock. It will be made live during the process of your cycle.

However, I hear/read that live rock will have anaerobic nitrate->nitrogen gas converting bacteria on it to help with the levels of nitrates. Plus live rock is certainly more bio-diverse.

You could use a couple pieces of live rock to seed your base rock. Anywhere is fine.

scottayy said:
You don't have to use anything live, it can be dry sand and base rock. It will be made live during the process of your cycle.

However, I hear/read that live rock will have anaerobic nitrate->nitrogen gas converting bacteria on it to help with the levels of nitrates. Plus live rock is certainly more bio-diverse.

You could use a couple pieces of live rock to seed your base rock. Anywhere is fine.

Sweet as. Yeah i was thinking ill put in prob bout 80kg of live rock but was gonna put dry rock on bottom and bury it in sand to start. Do u think ill get away wit no live sand in the dt and just use it in the sump. If any. Prob not needed a

slitherbomb said:
Don't get a snowflake eel, get a zebra eel. I honestly don't know how many gallons this is, but if it's 125g or more, then a zebra would be a much cooler addition IMO. Don't get me wrong though, I love my snowflake eel.

:) turns out its a 160g dt and 55 sump. zebra may b an option. If not something else. Dragons r kewl

Hey guys. Ive got a 54x4 t5ho on my tank. Is that sufficent to get my live rock up and to life. Not looking at keeping corals. Mayb a nem or something for a clown pair if anything

I know on my 55 gallon, it is very sufficient (that's the lighting i have). However, without coral the lighting doesn't matter unless you want the look to be a certain way. Anemones are very light demanding.

scottayy said:
I know on my 55 gallon, it is very sufficient (that's the lighting i have). However, without coral the lighting doesn't matter unless you want the look to be a certain way. Anemones are very light demanding.

Yeah thats what i thought. Mayb ill get some led lighting caus i want my rock to really spring to life and if i get clowns id really like something for them to host. Cheers mate

Ok. My big tank is on hold until i finally move house. Still grrr. But i have decided to offload my freshwater fish to a friend and convert to salt to give me something to do. its a aqua one 620t i think. Bout 250 litres???? It just has the inbuilt filter in the top so i might run that and a canister. It will not have any lr or a heater because i will only b stocking local fish and inverts i can catch myself. The rocks and sand i will collect next time i go diving. Feel free to chip in with help

This is the lil guy ill play with to keep me amused in mean time

ForumRunner_20111130_142109.jpg

Water,sand and a couple pieces of already cycled lr in tank. Off to good start

AusAaron said:
Yeah thats what i thought. Mayb ill get some led lighting caus i want my rock to really spring to life and if i get clowns id really like something for them to host. Cheers mate

Personally I'd stick with t5's. LED's are very expensive and finding the right one can be tricky. Also, the clowns aren't guaranteed to host the nem.

Yep if you'd like you can order two LED Exoexotic Pro modules with reflectors which will give you enough to maintain any coral or anemone you want. But you add it to your current t5

Ibrahim said:
Yep if you'd like you can order two LED Exoexotic Pro modules with reflectors which will give you enough to maintain any coral or anemone you want. But you add it to your current t5

Kewl. Sounds good. Ill look it up. Cheers

Ibrahim said:
Yep. No problem. 2 50/50 combos should give a great blue hue and a shimmer effect.

Sweet. Just workin on pre build. Just lil set up to play wit

Go to eBay and search hydroponic grow lights LED blue and white. I just bought one for 60 but they have 12x12" modules for 35

Ibrahim said:
Go to eBay and search hydroponic grow lights LED blue and white. I just bought one for 60 but they have 12x12" modules for 35

Kewl. Ill check it out. Cheers

more rock

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111204_100612.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111204_100612.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20111204_100635.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111204_100635.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom