*TANK PICTURES* People have been asking for.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry to lazy to scrape the coralline off the glass. Hope you enjoy! :D

Attachments

• mvc-845f_129.jpg
    mvc-845f_129.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 138
  • mvc-847f.jpg
    mvc-847f.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 136
more

Here are some more fishies and shots of the tank>

Attachments

• mvc-858f.jpg
    mvc-858f.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 98
even more!

hope you are not getting sick of this>>>>>>

Attachments

• mvc-868f.jpg
    mvc-868f.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 137
Nice!

I can't believe that's a 1000lbs of LR!!!!! OH MY ... looks like you could actually fit another 1000 in there!!! WOOOOO the bill for that 8O 8O!! Nice tank though. Keep us updated!

I agree. One thing to remember is that it is not stacked up against a back wall. It slopes on both sides and is 3 ft wide. Also it sits on the bottom of the tank. The sand is covering 4 to 6 inches. The pictures are actually only 900 lbs. I have 100 lbs curing in a tote. I jumped the gun on my signature.

do you still have some fish in QT? I wish I could afford something like that.

At first, I thought "those are some small fish", but then after looking at your signature I told my wife "that's one freakin huge tank!" Life must be good? What's the grouper? Just curious.

KG

Brenden..
What are the dementions of your tank?
It would be cool to see a picture with someone standing in front of the tank! hint hint.. :wink:

Agreed on picture with someone next to/in front of the tank. It's really difficult to get an idea of how big it is from the pics.

The Copperband looks great Brian (as does the rest of the tank!) Is it still eating okay?

current livestock:
niger trigger
3 percs
blue chromis
2 cinnamon clowns
foxface
regal tang
yellow watchman
pinkbar gobie ( have not seen since intro 2 weeks ago..really good hider)
copperband
flame hawkfish (great fish)
100 scarlet hermits
50 blue hermits
15 mexican turbo snails
100 cerith snails
100 nassarius snails
100 astrea snails
10 brittle stars
2 tiger stripped brittle
3 serpent stars
3 peppermint shrimp
4 emerald crabs
approx 12 clams
approx 12 hitchhiker crabs (going to remove)
unknown mantis and pistols. (I hear them)

I had a disaster in one of my QT tanks and several of my tangs died in 2-3 days. I was told I had to intro them all at the same time but have since found out differently.

The only fish I am currently planning to add is a purple and convict tang. They both died in the QT :x

KG: I do not have a grouper. Are you talking about the flame hawkfish? Highly recommended. Doctile fish, bothers no one, very unique personality.

Tank size is 9'x3'x3" I posted a pic with lamp shade that may help below. My wife would not pose.

Lando: copperband is doing great. His shyness has wore off. He is out all the time.

The two fish below are what is left in QT.

Depending on how comfortable I stay with this....no disasters. Plans are for a new tank approx 2000 gal next year some time. We plan to add on to the house so I can have it made into it because there is no way to fit it through the door. It will become a FOWLR and the 525 will become a coral only with a few small fish.

I bought my wife a greenhouse and it has currently taken priority. We have a lot of palm trees etc to put up for the winter. Bulldozer cleaned out for the foundation last week but it will not stop raining. Once I get it done I will get the canopy finished and take some "good" pics

I think I answered all the questions.
Below are the two fish I have in QT

Attachments

• mvc-886f.jpg
    mvc-886f.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 49
awe...

where did you get the miniture lamp?

no way, thats a huge tank 8O

makes your 900+lbs of LR look like nothing ;P

Buying such large quantities of snails and hermits, did you find a good deal somewhere online or did you get them all at your LFS? I've been meaning to buy a bunch of hermits and snails.

Where do you live in P'cola? I was stationed at NAS for awhile. Still own a house (Ivan and the Great Flood of '05 didn't take it away - Dangit!) off Michigan Av.

KG

Back
Top Bottom