Update of Beengirl's 55g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
Haha yeah I guess I'm a little tough lol or just really honest. I really think you did a great job and you should be really proud of yourself! And yes patience lol you can do it.

It's the best part! It's like watering a beautiful garden all summer, the end result is worth it :)

I have faith in you.

Dino

Awwwww.... Thanks.... I'm blushing. Lol. No, not tough. Honest, and honest is great!!! Yeah, never really did the garden thing... (again, patience is not a virtue with which I am overflowing...lol). I'm just hoping my tank looks a fraction as good as yours!!!! :)

Beengirl said:
I love it too!! I've been wanting one for a while. They're usually expensive. Finally got one cuz I found this one for only $20!!!! And it's a decent size. :)

Awesome deal they look great

My bartletts anthias thinks she's a chromis and has joined their school!! It's pretty cute. She swims around with them a lot of the time.

image-342971619.jpg

She's the one at the bottom of the pic. :)

Beengirl said:
My bartletts anthias thinks she's a chromis and has joined their school!! It's pretty cute. She swims around with them a lot of the time.

She's the one at the bottom of the pic. :)

Uh, it's a Bartletts Damselfish lol

Keithhjs said:

I can't really tell if you are joking or not (sorry) but they are Bartletts Anthias

Keithhjs said:

I get it... Cuz chromis are in the damsel family. I was feeling bad cuz I only got 1 anthias and they school, but that was all the store had. But now I don't feel so bad cuz she's been "adopted" by the chromis. :)

Keithhjs said:
Sorry, my bad attempt at humor I guess.

Oops. My fault don't feel bad at all! Now that I understand I did laugh a little! Lol totally me

Got a new blue linkia sea star!! :) been wanting one, but waited til I have some algae on glass. Clown fish was just swimming there staring at it for a while. Clowns are funny!!

image-2128436914.jpg

So my nem moved a little bit. It used to be attached to under side of rock the green monti is on. The body of the nem has become more of a brown color too, so I think that's a good sign. The place it moved to is where I had placed it to begin with cuz that's where I wanted it, but it had moved down. Now it's back where I wanted it, so hoping it stays there. ?

image-1716419123.jpg

Tank's doing well. Got a feather duster, gorgonian coral and a carpenter flasher wrasse today. Wrasse has, of course, buried himself, but he has gorgeous colors. :) will get pics in few days, or whenever he shows himself again. Lol. Here's pic of my first feather duster.

image-2977354647.jpg

image-3714207367.jpg

My starry blenny has decide he likes hanging out with my trumpet coral. Funny guy. Sometimes he leans his head on a polyp. :)

image-534446576.jpg

Picture of the carpenter wrasse!!! :) he came out already! Yea!!! He's quick, so pics not great.

image-4126414668.jpg

Here's updated FTS

image-3173103664.jpg

Beengirl said:
Picture of the carpenter wrasse!!! :) he came out already! Yea!!! He's quick, so pics not great.

Here's updated FTS

Nice lookig fish. And i see the nem has found the perfect spot...lucky you!

Gboy66 said:
Nice lookig fish. And i see the nem has found the perfect spot...lucky you!

Thanks! Got a better pic after he ate. His color is beautiful!

image-3746509025.jpg

Yes!!! The nem had been a little lower, but moved there several days ago and seems to be happy there. I'm very happy he's there cuz he's front and center. And he's turned a nice tan color too, so I think he's pretty healthy.

scottayy said:
That wrasse is brilliant.

Following along!

Thanks!! Fell in love with him as soon as I saw him in the store. There was another one, but this ones color is much better. :) I saw him as said "ooooooooo!!" Lol

How old is your tank? Want to see how everything is doing after a while (especially the Linkia star and gorgonian). Everything looks gorgeous and thriving! (y)

Back
Top Bottom