Update of Beengirl's 55g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
obscurereef said:
How old is your tank? Want to see how everything is doing after a while (especially the Linkia star and gorgonian). Everything looks gorgeous and thriving! (y)

Thanks!!! I'm hoping the gorgonian does well. It only had a few polyps out at the store, but noticed more out today. I got it cuz it was ORA and pink. The linkia so far has been great. I know they're difficult to keep. The last 3 days or so he's been slowly making the rounds on my LR. They really do move slowly. So I'm crossing my fingers. :)

Noce tank can I see your sump system please I kinda wanna know how you have it

Robbiesamp said:
Noce tank can I see your sump system please I kinda wanna know how you have it

Don't have a sump. :( it's a corner tank, so space under it is limited. I run a Fluval 406,have LR and a Aqua C Remora skimmer. Water's great with those!!

sammo2001 said:
Hey Been I tried flicking you a PM but you gotta remove some messages before you can receive anymore lol.

Oh, ok. I'll try to erase some. (Emphasis on the try- not real tech savvy over here-lol)

Was comparing pics of my birdsnest from a month ago to now, and its totally different!! Looks SO much better. Here it is a month ago, after the angel had been nibbling at it.

image-2659606595.jpg

And here it is today

image-185256016.jpg

Still has a few small white patches, but is 90% brown now. :)
Here's a pic of the pink gorgonian now, we'll see how it does.

image-3869457760.jpg

I just love this carpenters wrasse! He's so beautiful, and eats like a champ. :)

Gorgonian has all its polyps out and fully extended. Hoping that means its happy where it is.

image-3064940711.jpg

Got a new white/pink feather duster! :) got it for free basically cuz I had $15 of Petco Rewards money! :) it's the one on the right, obviously. Lol.

image-1480181719.jpg

really nice tank.

What's the stocking? just for fish, not inverts and corals.

Thanks!! Green chromis, royal gramma, bartletts anthias, bangaii cardinals, carpenter wrasse, starry blenny, b/w clown.

good choices. If I were to have a peaceful tank that sounds like something I would like, but for me... I just can't get enough of predators :D

I didn't even know you could get 55gallon corners though, what's the footprint?

I had to special order it. I had this little cut-out niche thing that it fits perfectly into. Looks like it was made for it. :) The sides are around 27" and the front is a bow, I think it's around 36", but not certain.
I've never done predator, but there are a couple that are pretty cool. The lions are beautiful, and puffers are adorable, the eels-not so cute. Lol. I do love my peaceful community tank. It's probably a little overstocked, but I'm great about PWC EVERY week, so water params are good. I have a 30g that is peaceful too.

cool. Seems like a better footprint then a normal 55gal IMO.
Also you're right about the lions and puffers, but I think that the eels just give a certain... Wow factor. lol.

Hopefully when I get a job I'll be able to buy myself a 180gal for the BIG boys lol.

Just measured the front bow, cuz I got curious about the length, and the front bow is 43 1/2 ". Bigger than I thought!! :)

Thought that the Pom Pom crab might have died, hadn't seen her for about2-3 weeks now, ever since she was carrying eggs. My daughter told me last week that she thought she had seen its body, but that must have been a molt cuz I saw her today!! :) she was hiding in a crevice and I could tell she was holding something in her left front claw, which is kinda weird cuz she lost her anemones shortly after being put into tank when she molted. Whatever she was holding looked to be a decent size. Is it possible her anemone lived after she lost it and she found it again?? Or maybe she cut off a piece of the GBTA? I guess it could be a Zoa polyp too. Lol. Even with a flashlight, I couldn't figure it out. I'm just happy she's still alive!!! :)

Thought that the Pom Pom crab might have died, hadn't seen her for about2-3 weeks now, ever since she was carrying eggs. My daughter told me last week that she thought she had seen its body, but that must have been a molt cuz I saw her today!! :) she was hiding in a crevice and I could tell she was holding something in her left front claw, which is kinda weird cuz she lost her anemones shortly after being put into tank when she molted. Whatever she was holding looked to be a decent size. Is it possible her anemone lived after she lost it and she found it again?? Or maybe she cut off a piece of the GBTA? I guess it could be a Zoa polyp too. Lol. Even with a flashlight, I couldn't figure it out. I'm just happy she's still alive!!! :)

awesome, same thing happened with one of my cory's in my fw tank a few weeks ago. Poor little guy is dead now, unknown cause. It's always sad to see a buddy go :( oh well I still got 4 left lol

Yeah, I hate when fish die. I've been doing aquarium for about 4 1/2 years now and have only had 3 fish die on me, but it still sucks. They're my little friends!! Lol :)

Back
Top Bottom