Ziggy953's 72 Bow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well you need to keep a small frag of that BEAUTIFUL coral. It is a personal goal in my life to obtain and keep one of them now! amazing tank by the way

Wow, that's a huge colony. Tank looks great!

Thanks! That is the colony after so many frags and breaking it in half when it was smaller. It grows super fast.

Nice tank!!! I really like the aquascaping with the canal in the middle like the oregonreef pictures. I am going to do that on my next upgraded 180gallon tank someday when I have more depth to deal with. Looks like you are also a fan of scraping the coralline and keeping the back glass clean.
Huge crack, you are exceeding the 12". And to think that all started from a 1.5" frag, right? Wow.

It did indeed start from a $5 frag about 1" tall.

well you need to keep a small frag of that BEAUTIFUL coral. It is a personal goal in my life to obtain and keep one of them now! amazing tank by the way

I currently have about 60 frags mounted of this coral as well as 2 other colonies about 4" across growing in my systems. Not to worry I will always have my teal acro. I think the name "Ziggy's Acro" is catchy. LOL

What brand power heads are those?
EDIT: Nevermind, they look like Tunze Turbelle types.

Tunze Nano Streams 6025 (660gph) Great little pumps for the price and water movement as well as minimal power use.

1 Yellow Tank
1 Powder Brown Tank
1 Copper Banded Butterfly
2 False Percs (one no bar)
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
4 Green/Blue Chromis
1 Neon Goby
1 Pink Diamond Goby
1 Magenta Dottyback
3 Pajama Cardinals

The 55g Frag tank has a mated pair of clowns and 1 clown tang

I have tons of the teal acro still. I have 5 frags growing in the tank and about 50 frags in my frag tank along with 1/4 of the original colony.

How long have you had the clown tang? My brother really likes those but we heard they are very hard to keep and need a big tank. What are you experiences with the fish and what do you think they need to stay happy and healthy?

You really have 17 fish in that 72?
I really do have 17 fish in the 72. I have a large skimmer for the system, a LOT of extra water volume and a large refugium.

How long have you had the clown tang? My brother really likes those but we heard they are very hard to keep and need a big tank. What are you experiences with the fish and what do you think they need to stay happy and healthy?

I have had the clown tang for a few months now. I keep him in my frag tank. He is a tiny little thing, maybe 3" long. My understanding is they grow very slowly but can get up to a foot long. For now he is doing very well in the frag tank.

I have had the clown tang for a few months now. I keep him in my frag tank. He is a tiny little thing, maybe 3" long. My understanding is they grow very slowly but can get up to a foot long. For now he is doing very well in the frag tank.

If you tell jimbo about him be will be very jelous

On the 72 like on the current 120 I run Dual 175w MH bulbs (10,000k) Dual 110w VHO actinics and 2x54w T5HO actinics.

I have a very large skimmer, it is an ASM G4X Recirculating skimmer. Rated for something like 300g.

For your system I would suggest looking at the Octopus line of skimmers they are good skimmers and at a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom