2 females holding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobofishman

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have two females holding. i have a flameback and a blue peacock . will the be okay in the same 10 gal hospital tank ? and how long should i keep them in there together with the fry?

they were in my 55g cichlid tank and i seperated them so my fry wouldnt get eaten by other fish.. they are usaully together with 13 others

i also have a 40g fry grow out tank.. which i will put the fry in once they are released from the momma..

Ohhhh :) I was just wondering :D

I don't pull my females out of my main till its time to strip. I'd be afraid if I took em out for a period of time they would lose "rank" and be bullied when reintroduced. So I just scoop em out, strip em & put em back in ;)

i only remove them for about a week till i strip them then they go back in... trust me my females dont lose rank thats for sure.. i just never had 2 holding at the same time.

i only remove them for about a week till i strip them then they go back in... trust me my females dont lose rank thats for sure.. i just never had 2 holding at the same time.

Yea I guess that's a tricky situation since ya just got a 10g to put em In! I got 3 holding in mine :) my gang are pretty rowdy so idk if they would accept the female again if I took her out and put her back in...

Congrats on your babies!!! :)

I put them together and they seam to be doing fine.. The don't think I will have a problem . My dominant female chased my flameback female and now they are just dealing with one another ...

Back
Top Bottom