2 month old guppy has a gravid spot?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alvinsguppies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My mama guppy has had many babies and I understand well about when she should be expecting. But then when I was checking up on the mama, I noticed my 2 month old female baby had a dark gravid spot! Is she pregnant? Cause I heard that they can be pregnant, but have any of actually survived giving birth???

Yes guppy fry can become Gracie and pregnant at 2 months old. If you do not want this to happen then separate the male fry from female fry.

I meant to say that they can become gravid at 2 months of age.

Lol I wish but I got only one tank, one breeder, and no clue which are females and males. They all are plump!

You should test your tanks ph. What happens with me is when the ph is low the fry are all females but when the ph is 7.0 you get male and female fry. If it is high ph you get all males. Females will have a hard to spot but round anal fin and males will be pointed and kind of tucked up close to the body. You should take a flashlight and shine it at the fry. That always helps me see what sex the fry are.

Back
Top Bottom