29 gal cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kinili

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have done a lot of research and I'm hoping for some advice. I know that a 29 gallon tank is quite small for cichlids but I have my heart set. Can someone help me on what I can put in there until I can afford a bigger tank.

You could do apistogrammas, rams, angels, kribensis, a variety of shell dwllers, possibly convicts, a few tanganyikans... there are a lot of options.

+1 There are lot's of smaller varieties just stay away from the big ones. What are some species you are thinking of?

I keep suggesting these because a) I hear great things about them and b) I can't find them online or in an LFS because no one sells them! Keyholes are cool. ;)

The_Desacrator said:
You could fit an angel in there. Generally people say 30 gal minimum for angels, but I am sure 1 gallon wont make a difference.

People normally say 30 gallon because it is a 3' tank and is a little deeper. Where a 29 gallon while tall is about 6" shorter and not as deep.

Back
Top Bottom