2fry, random find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noviceafter2yea

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was changing the water in my 5 gallon QT tank that had a platy there because I was concerned about two spots that have since gone away.

I randomly came across two seemingly newborn fry. I put them in a plastic breeding container with fake plants and crushed algae wafer. Returned mom to main tank as her spots are gone.

Do I keep the fry in the breeding container for a while? I read somewhere a 1 gallon tank is helpful.

All the water parameters are within normal range. Currently the breeding box is floating in the 5 gallon QT tank.

I do not intend on breeding, but since there are only 2 I figure I will raise em. I know they may breed, but I will worry about that later. Fortunately, I have a lfs employee that will take fry to raise and not to use as feeders.

Thanks.

If there's nothing in the qt i would just put hem in there till you need to use it again

You could put them back in the breeder if there still small enough to be eaten but if they're not gonna fit in any mouths you could put them in the main tank

Back
Top Bottom