addicted to testoing water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterwins

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have tested the water already like 10 times to make sure to get it to the right levels and I dont even have my dwarf crawfish in yet.or any fish for that matter just set the tank up 2 days ago.

ph level:7.4-7.6
ammonia level:0PPM(finally got it down it was as high as .50 ppm)
nitrate level:0PPM
Nitrite Level:0PPM

now that i got the levels I want should I wait to test the water again until I get my crawfish?

thanks,

Peter!

I have tested the water already like 10 times to make sure to get it to the right levels and I dont even have my dwarf crawfish in yet.or any fish for that matter just set the tank up 2 days ago.

ph level:7.4-7.6
ammonia level:0PPM(finally got it down it was as high as .50 ppm)
nitrate level:0PPM
Nitrite Level:0PPM

now that i got the levels I want should I wait to test the water again until I get my crawfish?

thanks,

Peter!

You need to cycle your tank. The levels will just shoot back up and you cant just let the tank run, since that won't cycle it. Read up on fish less cycling :)

You need to cycle your tank. The levels will just shoot back up and you cant just let the tank run, since that won't cycle it. Read up on fish less cycling :)
i dont get rthis at all why do you add aroma? thats bad for the fish.

i dont get rthis at all why do you add aroma? thats bad for the fish.

Fish create ammonia so you have to have bacteria in the tank to eat the ammonia & make it into less harmful stuff to the fish. It takes a while to get the bacteria to grow, though, and if you put fish in too soon they'll die before the bacteria grow.

So before you put in fish you add ammonia to the tank so that the bacteria starts thriving & then, after a few weeks, you're ready to go.

If you want to speed it up you can ask a friend who has fish already for some of their stuff from their filter.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom