Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FayeS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone :) i have 4 pregnant guppies that look like they gonna burst, what are the signs of labouring?

Hi everyone :) i have 4 pregnant guppies that look like they gonna burst, what are the signs of labouring?
:welcome:First of all, welcome. I hope you enjoy!!!
There are a few signs, the main ones being.
1. A very dark gravity spot around her bottom.
2. She will become square, known as 'squared off' or 'boxed'

I also noticed a few things mine do before they drop. They become very lethargic, don't eat, hang around the bottom of the tank not moving and/or the heater....

I have sadly lost one of my fry so just 3 left am i supposed to clean the unraten food out if the breeding box?

I have sadly lost one of my fry so just 3 left am i supposed to clean the uneaten food out if the breeding box?
If you can, that would be ideal. I use a syringe to do this. Try only feeding tiny amounts of food at a time. Have you got the Hikari First Bites fry food??. Another thing i do when it gets dirty is, scoop them into a net and while they are in the net, clean out the trap. Make sure to be very careful and leave the net partly in the water....

I am currently using liquifry food

I fed mine liquid egg yolk but found that quite mesdy and left uneaten food residue. With my second batch i bought some dried decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. Found tgem to be very practical. Easy to see any uneaten food and gave good growth particular in the first few weeks

Back
Top Bottom