Algae Bloom- Fry Tank- Blackout??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stellah

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can I safely black out a fry tank to kill algae bloom? Has anyone ever done this? I googled- and can't find anything... The bloom isn't that bad- all the fry are fine- and all levels are normal. Thank you!

Anybody? Please? I've put so much into them- any advice would be great..

The algae bloom wont harm the fry. I personally wouldnt try blackout. Imo i would keep up on water changes and keep light away from the tank.

UPDATE:
Main tank- successful! Only one casualty- one african dwarf frog didn't make it, but he wasn't looking good when I started the blackout. So 1/30 something ain't bad! The tank is back to its pristine self!

Fry tank- mostly successful. No casualties, not even a single fry was lost! HOWEVER- I see ICH spots on 3 fry. :/

How would I treat fry for ich?

I'm preparing to do my post-blackout water changes right now. I have the tanks uncovered, but can I safely turn the lights back on?

Thank you everyone for all of your help!!

try to turn the water temp up to about 83-84 (but only if your fish can tolerate it dont do it if your fish like cooler waters). Then you are going to want to keep up constant water changes over the next two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom