Almost ready for birth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd agree, she is about to drop. What are you planning to do with the fry? Let the fry go in the main tank or do a breeder trap?

Probably couldn't hurt. Just make sure you siphon out anything at the bottom (food & waste) with an air hose or turkey baster. Remove the female after they drop and remove the divider. I found after a few generations my guppies lost interest in eating fry and I eventually stopped using the breeder trap.

she still didnt have them yet. are those type of fish just big like that or is she really pregnant?

was she called a "molly" or a "balloon molly" balloon mollys always look like that i think

EDIT: actually after looking at the picture again she still looks bigger then the average balloon molly

below picture is a ballon molly

AG0969.jpg

yeap thats it but that pic is a male and it looks exaclty like the male i have. it doesnt matter cause there the same species. and yea they were called balloon mollies when i bought them. are females just fat like that or is mine acutally pregnant? becuase now shes hiding behind the filter and shes moving around weird and breathing faster are those signs? i have a breeding cage too but shes not in it.

Even for a balloon molly I would say it is still pretty big. I'm not too familiar with mollies but my guppies would drop soon if they looked like that. HTH.

she still hasent dropped yet but shes acting how a pregnant mollie would act its weird im confused haha

She does look very big.
Just before the fry come out you will white round the hole.
If you see white at her rear she will drop any time.

Back
Top Bottom