Amano Shrimp Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JZJeremy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys this is my 1st thread, and also my first attempt at breeding amano shrimp. My set up is a mason jar with the zoas in it with 30ppt saltwater and 24 hour light. This is the tank that they will hopefully go into once they are fully grown IMG_1479651139.605465.jpg and this is my set up for the zoas IMG_1479651210.906222.jpg I'll post pictures as things change.

From my research the 24 hour lighting is to grow algae which the zoas eat

No I just started it. I'll update as things move along

Update. All the zoas in the saltwater mixture seem to be alive and moving everything seems to be going well currently.

So day 9 and I believe all of the zoas are still alive. They are spending more time at the bottom of the jar. They are moving less but seem to be noticeably bigger, but are still very small.

Thanks for the link. It was mostly stuff that I knew. The only thing is you can just do it in a jar with light it's quite simple. And Fresh when they are older and have molted into what you know amanos look like they will start swimming around and that's when you need to slowly get them used to freshwater.

Disappointing I went out to check in on them and there is only 5-10 left alive in the jar. My amano will soon be berried again and I will try again, but with some different ideas.
I hope the few that are still alive will stay alive but the majority are dead

So according to my long lost shrimp...who emerged with eggs on her swimmerettes... guess what im doing this evening :)

Glad for this post

Also i read that the salt water needs to be about 34ppm for the best success rate and they need a low set air stone in the salt water

Back
Top Bottom