Ameca Splendens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bolivianbaby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought some ameca splendens yesterday and I'm trying to set up stocking with no crossbreeding possibilities.

Who can ameca splendens crossbreed with?

Thanks everyone!

Any livebearer is theoretically possible, but as long as they are not housed with other limia / goodeids you should be fine. They do like harder, cooler water than the other livebearers you have. I used to breed them in an unheated 20 with a bag of CC hanging in the tank. They have fewer, larger fry than other LBs which is cool because they don't eat them and you really don't need worry about breeder nets or seperating the fry. :)

Fabulous news! I was thinking guppies would be good tankmates for them since we could do the tank without heat as well, but I was worried about keeping the lines pure.

Thank you so much!

So limia cannot breed with guppies either, correct?

I have both sexes of each so the "temptation" should be minimal, but I am trying to careful and responsible.

I've seen conflicting info on that, but I've never kept guppies with any that I've had so I honestly don't know for certain. If you have an extra tank (say... in the garage or somethin' ;)), I'd play it safe and keep them away from other LBs.

I've seen conflicting info on that, but I've never kept guppies with any that I've had so I honestly don't know for certain. If you have an extra tank (say... in the garage or somethin' ;)), I'd play it safe and keep them away from other LBs.

Smart-aleck:biglol: They're in a 29g, so maybe I should just divide the tank until I get it all sorted out. Or I could swap the limia with the splendens.

I thought I had a double-stacking stand in the garage, but I only have single-stackers:(

Thanks, HN1!

Back
Top Bottom