Angel eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say they are about 3 inches from nose to tail. I have had them for about 5 months.

If you have any questions about breeding these fish or raising the fry, go to the thread "Wigglers at last!!!" in this breeding forum. Just about every issue with breeding and raising them has been discussed there.

Good luck with them :)

Cool! That looks like fun. They will be fun to raise. Here is one of my baby mollies and my baby platty.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391366013.644169.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391366044.904884.jpg

FYI: Angelfish fry are not like livebearer fry ( your molly and platy). They take work to raise. If you are not prepared for this, it can be stressful (Check out thread: Fry in real Fuzz.) more than fun. However, once you get the method down, they can be quite rewarding. (y)

Happy reading :)

I wasn't trying or expecting this. I figured they were the same sex angels because I never noticed any spawning type activities. I was just going to let it be and see what happens. I have 2 blue gouramis in the tank too so I don't know how to keep them from getting eaten.

The angels are guarding the eggs. Some of them are turning white. Is this expected?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391371806.699432.jpg

Nope :( after about 3 days of guarding the eggs the angels ate them for lunch.

Maybe next time...

Back
Top Bottom