Angel fish lay eggs alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have one Angel fish, today she put lay eggs!!!!! But I don't have a male, I just have one fish. So I'm confuse:
Can a single Angel produce eggs?
This means that if there is not a male, the eggs will never produce fry?

Also the Angel is watching the eggs closely and she doesn't any fish to get closer, which worry me because she started to be a little aggressive.

What can I do?

Remove the eggs?

Or just let them be there or what?

a female can produce eggs and lay eggs but with out a male they wont be fertilized thus no fry.

andels are aggressive when breeding she is trying to protect her eggs. she will end up eating them or the other fish will.

+1

Females can produce eggs with or without a male, they will be unfertile though. Also, female angelfish have been known to make female pairs, but once again, the eggs are not fertilized.

I would remove them by scraping them off the surface that they were laid. The other fish will eat them by the end of the day. If you dont, the female could possibly injure or kill the other fish when protecting them

Happy ending

Don't know if somebody is interested any more, but I will share what I did and the result:
I did not remove the eggs, as suggested by BigJim, and the Angel protected the eggs like 3 days, then they turned white, and the Angel started to eat them!, once she ate like 75% of them, she just let it go, and the rest of my fish finished with no problems or aggressions!

Thanks to all!
:king:

Back
Top Bottom