Angel Induced Pairing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelfishgalore

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a known male and a known female which I want to pair. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about inducing them to mate? At this time, I have them in a 65 gal tank with several other angels. I have two slates in the tank. It has only been a few weeks since the female laid eggs. She did not have a male to fertilize the lay. The male came from another pair that had been producing a spawn every 2 to 3 weeks. The female is a beautiful double black veil and the male is gorgeous pearl scale gold marble standard . I am anticipating they will produce some amazing off-spring if I can get them to pair off.

:banghead:

forcing them to pair isn't easy. what i did is put them in a 10 gallon with slate . and do a cool pwc every 3 days for 2 weeks then let them rest and get used to each other . usually there instincts will kick in when they show signs of pairing then i give them there own 20 gall. i now have 10 breeding pair and way to many young ones but they are good sellers

Back
Top Bottom