"Angel" my Molly is SQUARE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 6 mth old juvie Dalmatian Molly "Angel" is square!
I didnt notice until I was staring at the tank and noticed my male and her tumbling around and playing tag... A closer look revealed her vent wide open and protruding... And the bottom of her belly straight as can be!
I moved her out of the main tank and into the 20g with the rest of the preggo females and put my sponge over the intake.
There may be some fry loss but not ALL of them which is guaranteed with my betta and shrimp in the other tank.

:) YAY! I'm exited! Angel is from my very first Dalmatian Molly...

ocminpin said:
My 6 mth old juvie Dalmatian Molly "Angel" is square!
I didnt notice until I was staring at the tank and noticed my male and her tumbling around and playing tag... A closer look revealed her vent wide open and protruding... And the bottom of her belly straight as can be!
I moved her out of the main tank and into the 20g with the rest of the preggo females and put my sponge over the intake.
There may be some fry loss but not ALL of them which is guaranteed with my betta and shrimp in the other tank.

:) YAY! I'm exited! Angel is from my very first Dalmatian Molly...

Man, how many mollies do you have! I keep seeing threads about pregnant fish from you lol!! That's great :) congrats

George9 said:
Man, how many mollies do you have! I keep seeing threads about pregnant fish from you lol!! That's great :) congrats

I have 4 females and 1 male Molly

2 female Platies
2 platy fry i kept
Male betta
Female betta
Oto
Shrimp

Spread across 3 tanks
All my females are pregnant.
I don't have any male Platies... The females came from store pregnant.
I'm looking now to see how long I've had my new male Molly to see if these could be his babies or not... We'll see if we get any black mollies out of her..

ocminpin said:
I have 4 females and 1 male Molly

2 female Platies
2 platy fry i kept
Male betta
Female betta
Oto
Shrimp

Spread across 3 tanks
All my females are pregnant.
I don't have any male Platies... The females came from store pregnant.
I'm looking now to see how long I've had my new male Molly to see if these could be his babies or not... We'll see if we get any black mollies out of her..

Wow! That's pretty lucky all were pregnant when you got them! I can't wait to see what colors you get out soon :)

George9 said:
Wow! That's pretty lucky all were pregnant when you got them! I can't wait to see what colors you get out soon :)

My 20g has 4 preg females and 2 platy fry... We'll see what happens by morning!

George9 said:
My fingers are crossed for ya :D

Thank you :) I'm sitting on the carpet staring at her do laps... 5,000 laps a minute haha...
She's 5 1/2 mths old and bigger than my Platies.
Just looked and I got my Black Molly male 20 days ago... These babies aren't his...

Lol! Soon enough your babies will have babies. I just found a lone baby and I'm guessing about 7 days old in my 30 gallon I'm treating for ich :(. So it's quarantined in a breeder net all alone. And it's not from twinnie my twin bar, so I'm waiting to see color on it

Chronos313 said:
Lol! Soon enough your babies will have babies. I just found a lone baby and I'm guessing about 7 days old in my 30 gallon I'm treating for ich :(. So it's quarantined in a breeder net all alone. And it's not from twinnie my twin bar, so I'm waiting to see color on it

Angel IS my baby! :-D I watched her be born.. and scooped her out seconds later with my hand... Mom had 43 live...
She was born Sept 13th

Nice! I had twinnie drop 24 babies and only 1 died the same day. The others are growing and eating properly so I'm happy. Twinnie is my favorite I can actually rub her head lol. Crazy fish!

Chronos313 said:
Nice! I had twinnie drop 24 babies and only 1 died the same day. The others are growing and eating properly so I'm happy. Twinnie is my favorite I can actually rub her head lol. Crazy fish!

My fish rush to my hands and rub against my fingers and sit nibbling in my hand... Pushing each other out of the way for top spot.
My fry do it within two weeks... It always takes one fry brave enough to touch me and not be hurt in the other fry's eyes.. :)
This is only with my MOLLIES, not my Platies.. My mollies are very friendly... My Platies are shy...

Haha they send out a sacrificial lamb it seems. That's too cute. I'm still wondering where this mystery fry came from. I may have to call scion and the gang to solve this one

emerald76 said:
What day are we on?
:thinks:

Don't know.. She didn't get pregnant or use the sperm immediately... Last birth was Valentine's Day... Feb 14th. So don't have a day to count from....
Thought she was going to be sweet and hit every holiday this year.... Valentines day, St Patricks day, Easter, Mothers Day, My birthday (June)... But noooo. HAHA

ocminpin said:
Don't know.. She didn't get pregnant or use the sperm immediately... Last birth was Valentine's Day... Feb 14th. So don't have a day to count from....
Thought she was going to be sweet and hit every holiday this year.... Valentines day, St Patricks day, Easter, Mothers Day, My birthday (June)... But noooo. HAHA

That would have been quite odd :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom