Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Bus

Aquarium Advice Freak
My brother an I want to start breeding angelfish. What we we're planning on doing was getting a two and hope they are male and female. Is this a good idea or not? The pet store has the small kind so we will have to wait until they mature. My father had angels and will help us take care of them. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Idk if I wanted to go to petsmart or jack's pets

Petsmart is generally not a good place to get fish, or any small live animals. Local fish stores usually have a much wider variety of healthier fish, and much more knowledge of them.

Thank you so much for the advice!!

There is an old thread in this breeding forum titled "Wigglers at last!!!" which has just about all the information you will need to breed and raise Angelfish by professional and hobbyist breeders. It's a long thread because there is a lot of information in it but it's worth the read.
Smaller Angels are almost impossible to sex so just getting 2 and hoping they are male & female is a gamble. It's better to either get larger fish that show more gender related traits or groups of 6 +/- small fish and let them grow together and pair off naturally. This and more is the kind of info you'll find in the wigglers thread.

Hope this helps (y)

Yes it did help!! Thank you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom