Angelfish breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyMichael

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I woke up this morning to find that my angelfish had severe bite marks and nipped fins. Both the angels are never that agressive. I researched mating and noticed locking lips was a sign, and I had witnessed them doing so. Could this just be agression or are they mating. Both angels are about 4".

ForumRunner_20130316_082242.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130316_082250.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130316_082250.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 61
well if there is more than 2 in the tank then it is probably mating behavior. if u see 2 staying together and picking on and chasing the other or others away then i would remove the pair and give them there own tank. rember that angelfish are of the cichlid family and they can be mean during mating and breeding. there's a thread in here called wigglers at last and u will find tons of help there. me and a few others are breeders of angel fish there. feel free to pm me with any questions.

Mine did the same at breeding time saw alot of nipped fins and agressive behavior from normally calm fish....scared me at first...but then I removed the pairs to a breeding 10gal and had LOTS of Angel fry!!

Back
Top Bottom