Angelfish eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ESeck

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday I noticed two of my angels chasing all the others in the tank. I removed the rest of them from the tank and left the pair alone. Today, when I got home from work, I had a batch of eggs. This is my first time breeding angels. My plan is to let the parents raise them. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1454994175643.jpg
    1454994175643.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 1454994207709.jpg
    1454994207709.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 1454994226442.jpg
    1454994226442.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 55
Are they alone in the tank now? If so just let them go but don't get your hopes up too high. Chances are very good that they will eat the eggs. Not much you can do to help them out. If you really really want the babies, pull the slate and raise them artificially.
Nice looking Angels, you should get a few Paraibas out of those two Blue Ghosts.

They are alone in the tank. What and when is the best time to move the fry once they hatch?

Got a better picture of the parents.

Attachments

• 1455076790113.jpg
    1455076790113.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 46
The beat time to move them is before they hatch. Move the slate and eggs into a separate small container with an airstone and some anti-fungal. If they have already hatched, then leave them with the parents until they start swimming. After they hatch they are only loosely connected to the slate and will fall off easily and be lost in the gravel. If anything happens, don't get discouraged, they will spawn again in about 14 days,

Thanks. I realize that letting the parents raise them is likely to result in greater, if not total, loss. However yhis being the first spawn, I wasn't really prepared to hatch them artificially. I'll be picking up the necessary supplies for the next spawn.

I suggest reading through a thread in this breeding forum titled" Wigglers at last!!!!" It was an ongoing conversation by pro and hobbyist breeders all about Angles. Pretty much everything you need to know about the subject was discussed on that thread.

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom