Angelfish fry, when to move to a growout tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky Jones

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I had a spawn and I'm at 21 days (3 weeks) since eggs were laid. I've basically bucked the advised methods which failed me for the first half dozen spawns. I left the eggs with the parents, until freeswimming for a week, and then I removed the parents from the tank and left the fry. No, Anti fungals, or removing eggs, or evern white eggs this time.

I think I'm doing well. Anyways, my question is, "when do I move the fry to grow out tanks?" I'm doing 20% water change daily, I feed 4x a day with hikari first bites, the fry eat it without issue and are growing. I do vacuum the bottom of the tank, but I'm not that die hard on it if it means sucking up fish, I do the water changes and figure that removes dissolved solids, and detritus isn't all that bad if water quality is good.

I don't make money off the video at all on youtube, it's just for illustration purposes if you want to see the quantity and development stage, only way I know to share a video file easily.
https://youtu.be/-8CmlKmYom4

So, any information you have on when to transition to a grow out would be helpful. I had thought to just remove them a bit at a time as growth rates are different, remove the bigger ones to the grow out and let the smaller ones have more time, but not sure if this is right.

How many and what size tank are they in? Sounds like they are already in a grow out tank. Basically at three weeks the bigger tank the better if they are the only ones in the tank. But be sure to not put them in with anything larger or big enough to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom