Angelfish Wrigglers in fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notespeller

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A friend of mine discovered angelfish eggs in his tank the other day and didn't know what to do with them, and so he brought them to me (along with the parenting pair). I used to raise angelfish fry years ago and would have removed the unfertilized eggs asap. I didn't realize how "old" these eggs were, i thought they were brand new and i could do the same here. I think these were laid on the 25th (today is 28).

The airline tubing they were laid on is covered with the fungus from not removing the bad eggs. I pulled off as much fungus as i could but some of the wrigglers are attached to it, not IN it but like dangling on the ends of it. (some bad quality images at end of post)

What would be best for these little guys? pull them off one by one and let them wriggle on the bottom of the box i have them in, or do you think they will be okay and detach normal when thy are ready to swim? I want to cause as little stress to them as possible.

360a36583c.pnghttp:

Andy Sager might be able to help more on the condition of the wigglers.

If you have the patience to get them out maybe do that. One by one. They would be able to attach to another leaf.

They might already be swimming by now. The fungus really only attacks the dead stuff but the babies being near it would worry me.

How's it going?

So far, so good.

They were doing well saturday, but on sunday i noticed a significant difference in their lively wiggling. Sunday afternoon there were a few babies that had broken free and were attempting to figure swimming out, but the rest only moved when i tapped on the glass and startled them. I decided to let nature take its course, and if they made it then they made it.
Monday morning, before work, i examined the tank and they no longer moved even when i tapped the glass. Everyone still looked good, no white dead bodies. I thought "maybe they are sleeping". I took my scaping tweezers, grabbed hold of the end of the tube and gave it 3 good shakes, and POOF a cloud of fry. They all came off readily, and some even started swimming right away!

Everyone is eating and looking good when i fed them this morning. All free swimming and eating readily. Only a few casualties so far, but that's expected.
Lots of babies!

Mazeltav to the happy couple!

Attachments

• IMG_20190926_174428327.jpg
    IMG_20190926_174428327.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 154
Back
Top Bottom