Any one knows how does neon tetra's eggs look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone knows how does noen tetra's egg look like? Do anyone have any pictures? Or could you describe it ( eg. the size, colour, where it mostly layed...etc )? I had searched a few website, but the information given is not deep. :roll:

I found this online. It doesn't say what they look like, but it does say they hatch in a day. Chances are, then, that you wouldn't have much time to see them.

Neons often spawn in the morning. While spawning, neons will chase each other through any plants. While all the neons may spawn in one day, the actual act is done between a pair. The male and female intertwine, and the female may become vertical. Each female produces 60 to 130 eggs all over the plants and ground. The eggs are not sticky. The parents should be removed so they do not eat the eggs. The eggs are light sensitive so keep the developing eggs out of direct light. Eggs are prone to fungus especially in light (for more information on egg fungus, check out my fish health page. The eggs hatch in about a day. After the fry are free-swimming in about four to five days, they can be fed strained egg yolk, infusuria, other microscopic live foods, or Liquifry (which is mostly yolk). Provide subtle lighting over the tank once the fry are swimming so they can see their food. Often, some fry will not survive.

-j

Oh, I found those white/yellow small particle on the tank bed almost everyday, I thought it was just waste, so I cleared it away everyday. But what must I do with those eggs? those fishes will eat the eggs right? Those eggs look really small, can fish really grow out from that? If they can grow from that, then they must be really really small. :D Can anyone tell me what does those baby neons look like when they hatched from the eggs? Will they be visible under normal eyes? I really hope I could see baby neons. :eek:

Does anyone have pictures of neons eggs? Or do you found any pictures from any website?

Back
Top Bottom