Apistogramma cacatuoides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimba

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i have a pair that im trying to breed and have tried to get pics off the internet of what the female looks like when not in breeding mode to what she looks like when she is breeding. this way i can compare..can anyone help me with some pics please. Im not very switched on to this internet thing, thanks

Are you trying to determine if you have a pair or just see what the female looks like in breeding colors? Most female apistos will turn yellow all over when they are ready to breed. You can't miss it...her scales that were once drab and gray will become yellow. Males can have a yellow portion on their belly but females will have their entire body turn a shade of yellow.

It isn't a subtle difference, you'll know.

When they go from rather grey to canary yellow... it is like turning a grey sedan into a yellow corvette, it is that drastic.

Thanks to everyone that replied, i guess nature will take its course.. I liked the coment about the sedan, so i take it i will know when its time, thanks again

Back
Top Bottom