Apple snail copulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johny

Aquarium Advice Freak
So this is random, and my wife things I am a total weirdo for doing this, but I think I got some footage of my apple snails copulating (she just asked what I was doing while I typed that, and rolled her eyes at me when I answered).

And does anyone know how long after the copulation till I should expect to find eggs? I know they lay them above water. I have been running my tank just a little lower on water to give them room.

Oh well, here are the links:

100_2483.MOV - YouTube

100_2484.MOV - YouTube

100_2485.MOV - YouTube

I'm not sure how to answer that but I was going to ask the same question myself: today. I'm digging through to find info on snails. I briefly had two apple snails in the same tank (about a day and a half) while I rearranged my tank. I came down the 2nd 1/2 day to find the blue snail sitting on top of my gold snail. :O

I had planned to move the snail to my other tank that day so I did it then! I didn't see anything like you have on video but from what I understand, that IS how they mate.

As for what to do with the eggs when then arrive? Eh - I personally would dispose of them. I have two snails and that is enough for me!

Janelle

My wife is getting some dwarf puffers in the near future. We actually want snails to feed them with. But if it doesn't work out, my wife's step brother and brother both have aquariums.... and what is family for, right?

Back
Top Bottom