Aquarium newbie, need help with possibly pregnant platy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddrewns

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got a supposedly pregnant platy and got her over three weeks ago and don't know if she was actually pregnant now....
Can anyone help me out??
Thank you!!! :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121019_172714.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121019_172714.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 156
  • ForumRunner_20121019_172726.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121019_172726.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 148
  • ForumRunner_20121019_172824.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121019_172824.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20121019_172833.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121019_172833.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 138
  • ForumRunner_20121019_172841.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121019_172841.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 142
Awww cute I love platys :) mine had her fry yesterday morning so they share the same birthday. I only have 2 girls to avoid lots of babies this time and my mickey mouse platy has had fry three times already. I wonder when she's going to run outa that baby makin stuff lol

Thank you!! They are adorable. I did give them a little bit of crushed up flakes but I dont know if they fully ate it.

I also have two females and I think my other one is about to give birth soon too... so many babies!!

ddrewns said:
Thank you!! They are adorable. I did give them a little bit of crushed up flakes but I dont know if they fully ate it.

I also have two females and I think my other one is about to give birth soon too... so many babies!!

I think my other ones about to pop too haha. Did you leave them in the main tank or move them? I just leave mine in the main tank and hope some make it each time. I didn't think any made it with my last lot then one day I saw one baby then 3 when they were big and brave enough to swim around in the open I call them the 'three musketeers' they are always together hehe. They are still only about 1cm, orange and cute I love them. I can't wait to see how many survive with the latest batch born little newborns so white n squishy haha. I'm going to need a bigger tank then I planned on upgrading to I don't want to part with any of the babies their part of the family now ,as my partner says were just extending our family :)

_skyla_ said:
I think my other ones about to pop too haha. Did you leave them in the main tank or move them? I just leave mine in the main tank and hope some make it each time. I didn't think any made it with my last lot then one day I saw one baby then 3 when they were big and brave enough to swim around in the open I call them the 'three musketeers' they are always together hehe. They are still only about 1cm, orange and cute I love them. I can't wait to see how many survive with the latest batch born little newborns so white n squishy haha. I'm going to need a bigger tank then I planned on upgrading to I don't want to part with any of the babies their part of the family now ,as my partner says were just extending our family :)

I moved the female that just gave birth and so those babies (11 of them) are in the breeder box. | don't know what I'm going to do about my next batch yet. I hope she waits one week so I can put her in the breeder box but I don't know if she wants to wait that long haha

Back
Top Bottom