Are mollies fry eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i see on your profile that u have other tanks with fish in them. i would move her to one of them thats safe for her and raise the fry. i also would get another 10 gallon asap for thease problems

If you have alot of real of fake plants they can hide in they might make it ... That's what I do for my guppy fry

Mine never ate their fry, even though I wanted them too.

My first two mollies ate most of their fry until another member here told me to feed them more often. I was only feeding the adults once a day. I moved up to feeding three times a day and they stopped eating their fry. I just raised a batch in the same tank with three adult and all the fry made it. I never had nay luck with breeder nets or moving the fry. They always died from the stress. Feed more often, provide lots of hiding places, and you should have a lot survive. The babies really like floating plants wit large root systems and moss piles. I put wads of extra moss in the corners of my tank and all the babies hide there when startled.

Back
Top Bottom