Are my female guppies pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes she is pregnant. I would only keep her in the box for a day and a half tops . Good luck!

Thanks! What about the one swimming at the base of the tank with the males?? she looks pregnant too!

The guppy is still in the box and havent given birth yet...is this normal? anything I can do to make her give birth?

ramon82 said:
The guppy is still in the box and havent given birth yet...is this normal? anything I can do to make her give birth?

You have to give her time, as far as I'm aware you can't speed this process, just let her out of the box and see what she does

Just wait, be patience i heard the temperature of the fish tank is very important. It looks like she will give birth pretty soon! :)

Hi all,

Since I ve posted this thread I had a lof of activity going on in my tank, but unfortunately not very nice things happened :( I had two guppies give birth in the breeder box and almost all fry died except for 3 or 4. Now I have this strange problem which I cant get hold of.

See this photo: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4400/imag0553h.jpg

I ve seen this guppy in her last minutes. Her belly was looking whitish in pink and when she died I noticed that her belly was almost punctured! in fact when I squeezed it a bit, her internals popped out....its the second death in two days :((

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS: I found both male and female dead, but the male had no sign of this problem

Back
Top Bottom