Are these snail or ghost shrimp eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iamchris

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm assuming so, since I just added a bunch to the tank a week ago. Don't know which they would be though. Thanks!

Attachments

• eggs_502.jpg
    eggs_502.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 198
Sorry for the lack of clarity. The eggs are in the middle, in front of the golden snail.

Sorry again for another post. When can I expect the eggs to hatch?

to me they look like pond snail eggs, the shrimp eggs ive had dont look like that, but mine werent on the glass

2-10 days, if they are snail eggs. I would think that they are snail eggs if they are in a cluster. Ghost shrimp eggs should be singles and I don't believe they even lay the eggs but wait til they hatch and then the baby ghost shrimp swim away and hide. I would take the eggs off the glass and put them in something that is easily contained. They will multiply faster than you ever imagine. In 6 weeks after I got my first ramshorn snails I had 6 clusters and hundreds of babies. Then got 3 mystery snails and wound up with well over 500 hundred even after I tried to isolate them.

Don't be afraid to post here. I do it and have learned a ton from the people that are here to help.

What could I use to best get them off the tank wall? It's acrylic so I can't really use anything remotely sharp...:-/

Ah good thinking! Thanks a lot for your help everyone!

They're snail eggs, ghost shrimp carrying the eggs in their abdomen inside the finnerets to fan them. Unless you have another apple snail I wouldn't worry about those eggs, they'll be fish food in no time.

Those are definitely snail eggs. Pond snails will lay eggs in the water, while the larger snails will lay above the water in big clutches.

Like Cdawson said, Shrimps will carry their eggs in a sack near their stomachs.

Back
Top Bottom