Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pitsladi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just noticed some babies in my tank an made a fry trap. ? Does this work cause the babies are staying at the top

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What kind of babies ? Fry traps usually work ok if there's good water circulation through it, enough space in it and so long as the parents can't get in and the babies can't get out.

Fry often hang near the top, usually they would be hiding in floating plants, but check water parameters to be sure there isn't any ammonia or nitrite, fry are pretty sensitive.

They are guppies But I have some caught in fry catcher an another in a box that has panty hose on the top

But I only have two small floating plants on top an two fake plants that stand tall an rocks with holes an also have a clown loach an a catfish so wondering if I should seperAte them or let them roam tank

If they are in boxes or keepers that prevent the adults from eating them, they'll be fine even if you have no floating plants. In the wild, fry hide, because the adults do eat them, so it's instinct for them to find something floating to hide in. Don't worry if you have floaters... just keep them in the traps 'til the grow big enough to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom