Baby longfin zebra danio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
News !!! Okay I was doing a big water change in my tank and unreal how much leftover food was stuck down in this large gravel! Nextly after taking out 15% I looked and saw even more fry! Probably got about 30 more !!! And then here is the big news! I found this bad boy in one of my water change buckets !!!! My tank is only 2 weeks old holy cow ! These danios lay eggs like every day !

image-4065962135.jpg

image-3622528612.jpg

image-3809669499.jpg

I have him in a little bowl inside my fry tank because he is big enough where he could feed on the other fry literally 3 to 4 times the the size as the others ! Possibly even larger !

It's 430 am I started cleaning at 2 what the heck I spent alot of time saving these Guys!

Woohoo! Any bigger ones like the boss you found earlier?

Nope :/ I think he ate his brothers and sisters to get that big! I can clean the fry tank :/ I've tried 2 little filters I had 1 sponge and 1 tetra wisper air powered filter and I lost a couple of fry trying each :( I can't use the airline tubing because they go right through that! That's honestly how in caught the first few in my tank last night :)

image-562275598.jpg

As long as it is smaller they should be fine.. i have a small male in mine and he doesnt seem to mind them.. he difinitely helps clean up leftover flakes...

Use apple/mystery snails for clean up. Also when sucking up waste drain it into a bucket. This way the fry that do get sucked can be put back in the tank

Use apple/mystery snails for clean up. Also when sucking up waste drain it into a bucket. This way the fry that do get sucked can be put back in the tank

That's what I have been doing still crazy how much work it is to then get them back in. So I could get mystery snails? Will petsmart give me them for free? I put a shrimp in there but he was struggling to make a dent

That's what I have been doing still crazy how much work it is to then get them back in. So I could get mystery snails? Will petsmart give me them for free? I put a shrimp in there but he was struggling to make a dent

No petsmart will not give it for free. I'm pretty sure that the min is $2 for each.

Back
Top Bottom