Baby longfin zebra danio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Psshhhh maybe ill just buy a plant and it will come with some lol! Don't they rapidly reproduce ? And can they escape the tank?

Lol. Mystery snails can grow to the size of golf balls. They reproduce by laying egg sacs above the surface of the water so removal of the eggs is easy. ( I have experience cuz I have giant apple snails which r a larger version of the mystery snails ). The snails might try to escape the tank to lay eggs or becuz the water condition is not in good shape.

Psshhhh maybe ill just buy a plant and it will come with some lol! Don't they rapidly reproduce ? And can they escape the tank?

Those snails you're talking about are pond snails are they are a pest you don't want. What are the fry in right now? I keep my fry in bare bottom tanks

Those snails you're talking about are pond snails are they are a pest you don't want. What are the fry in right now? I keep my fry in bare bottom tanks

I keep my koi fry in a 10 gallon with no other fish and a gravel bottom.

I keep pond snails in my shrimp tank and They help a lot as they r great algae/waste cleaners. Whenever they get out of hand, I feed them to my koi.

Huh? Whose "them" and "ones stuck to the insides of the tanks"? R u comparing the assassin snails to the pond snails?

At the pet store all the tanks have a snail or 2 attached to the inside of each tank.

No I was saying of they other snails reproduced A ton I would get an assassin snail to " do some dirty work" lol

At the pet store all the tanks have a snail or 2 attached to the inside of each tank.

No I was saying of they other snails reproduced A ton I would get an assassin snail to " do some dirty work" lol

Ya. All my lfs have snails attached to the glass in the tanks. When I asked if I could have some, they gave me a few.

Pond snails reach a size of around a 1/4 inch whereas mystery snails can get the size of a ping pong ball. They rarely reproduce unless the right conditions are met. The pond snail breed underwater and like crazy. They are fine in non live planted tanks but wreak havoc in a planted tank. They eat everything. Ramshorn snails are great to have. Their shell looks like a rams horn. They eat algae and waste only but leave healthy plant material alone. I use them as my clean up crew

Pond snails reach a size of around a 1/4 inch whereas mystery snails can get the size of a ping pong ball. They rarely reproduce unless the right conditions are met. The pond snail breed underwater and like crazy. They are fine in non live planted tanks but wreak havoc in a planted tank. They eat everything. Ramshorn snails are great to have. Their shell looks like a rams horn. They eat algae and waste only but leave healthy plant material alone. I use them as my clean up crew

Okay well my breeding tank isn't planted! So the ones in the tanks at the store should be okay ?

So ur getting the corner mini canister filter? And it uses an air pump?

No it was just and intake filter I tried it and it was just launching the fry across the tank

image-1608598581.jpg

So I switched to my wisper with some panty hose !

image-3851592445.jpg

Attachments

• image-3586644710.jpg
    image-3586644710.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom