Baby longfin zebra danio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I went out today to buy 2 ghost shrimp for my tank, and while I was floating the bag i noticed a black speck and it was swimming! Then a danio ate it! But then I saw about 15 more caught 1 and have it in a bowl with an air stone. He isn't moving much .

As for the others they are hiding in the gravel in my 20 gallon tank.

What should I do?

Here is one in the bowl

image-2796799834.jpg

Here is one hiding in my 20 gallon

image-1018386927.jpg

image-410879499.jpg

What should I do to keep them alive ? I don't have liquid food but I have this tank I could empty out.

image-3186292115.jpg

It houses no fish currently and has a foam filter which needs to be cleaned . Also I have a tetra wisper 3 gallon filter I could put in to replace the foam! What should I do?

I just realized something ! I stocked my tank on the 9th and left for Vegas on the 11th it was just 4 longfin zebra danios. My girlfriend fed them while i was away but missed 1 day at the end. When I came home i found 1 dead longfin zebra it was split open on the side and the tailfin was missing. She missed feeding. Wednesday the 15 and I got home the day after that and found this

image-1021768906.jpg

image-3605779590.jpg

Is it possible it got pregnant and died and the eggs hatched in her dead body ? I wasn't able to see more than 10 fry today and it was only today that I noticed the fry.

The fish could have died at any point throughout my trip my girlfriend may have just not noticed there was a fish missing.

Any ideas?

Danios do not get pregnant. They lay or scatter eggs and the male fertilize them. Going one day with out food is fine. They actually can go several days without. The flip side is over feeding. Three days of over feeding can lead to bad conditions. As to how you got babies is a mystery.

Danios do not get pregnant. They lay or scatter eggs and the male fertilize them. Going one day with out food is fine. They actually can go several days without. The flip side is over feeding. Three days of over feeding can lead to bad conditions. As to how you got babies is a mystery.

I know they lay eggs but I'm thinking maybe she was about to lay them and then died ? Or died laying them? I think her injurys were from another fish attacking her.

2 of my long fin danios are ignoring the 3rd and they keep taking turns passing over differnt parts of rocks and twirling over them in one spot in the tank. Is the female releasing eggs and the make is the releasing his "fertilizer" onto the eggs ?

What's weird is one of them turned yellow when I was out of town and I read that the females are more yellow? But the the yellow one is more of a torpedo shape than the other one? But the otherone is more blue and doesn't have a huge belly but its larger than the yellow one?

image-4239560252.jpg

image-3013912460.jpg

iPhone isn't quick enough to capture them!

Should I move the 2 who I believe are mates to my 1.77 gallon tank for a day or two? If so should I remove all gravel from the tank?

Right now you'll need to be finding a source of food for the fry. If you want to raise them get a in tank nursery from the pet store and try to get in there. The fry looks pretty small. I'm thinking that they might need microworms first or daphnia.

Right now you'll need to be finding a source of food for the fry. If you want to raise them get a in tank nursery from the pet store and try to get in there. The fry looks pretty small. I'm thinking that they might need microworms first or daphnia.

The only pet store around me that carries a decent selection is petsmart . But it's only a single baby unless more come I'm not sure it's worth the time as terrible as it sounds . But my fish seemingly keep fornicating

Looking to transfer single fry from fish bowl to a tank with a a heater. How much water should there be in the tank for the baby fry? I'm pretty sure my fish laid more eggs today so ill be ready this time. Want to move him

This

image-923971706.jpg

To this

image-3563913050.jpg

Soon they will start coming out of the rocks and you will be able to scoop them up.. hopefully before others eat them. Gosh they are tiny

Do you have any fry food? I would suggest the hikari brand algae fry food. It has worked great for me nd my fry are always grow fast and very strong swimmers early

Do you have any fry food? I would suggest the hikari brand algae fry food. It has worked great for me nd my fry are always grow fast and very strong swimmers early

Could you give me the full name? I looked online at petsmart " only place near me" and this Is what they have

hakari bio pure baby brine shrimp

This is what i buy

Where do you get that I found it online but not in a store :/ this is what my petsmart has

Ignore your pic lol I saved it and then accidenly uploaded it on the iPhone and it won't go away

image-755319341.jpg

Attachments

• image-2734650161.jpg
    image-2734650161.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image-758712148.jpg
    image-758712148.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 75
I have never bought that kind but im sure it will work. I buy mine at petco.. and a local exoctic petstore

Back
Top Bottom