Baby succsess stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anybody have any success stories about fry? Like your first, the one who survived disease, or anything?

This is pepper and skeppy my first two fry

View attachment 87542

View attachment 87543

They survived living in a pool of tank water in a dirty 5g bucket outside for a week and a half . No food. No heat/ cool. I didn't notice them untill I got the bucket for the next water change. It was a "OH CRAP" moment because I panicked and dumped them into the tank, both almost got eaten several times over and his behind the moss and decor in my tank. Only recently have they started to centre out and be " big fish" not having to worry about being eaten by my pro fry hunter Casper

View attachment 87544

Bubbles0oO said:
This is pepper and skeppy my first two fry

They survived living in a pool of tank water in a dirty 5g bucket outside for a week and a half . No food. No heat/ cool. I didn't notice them untill I got the bucket for the next water change.

Truly amazing that they lived and very Ironic for me. I pull my fry out and put them in their own container to watch them all die. You leave these guys outside in a bucket and they survive. Guess there's something to be said against trying too hard or taking unnecessary precautions

Lol I currently have a 10 gal were the fry grow up . I put these guys back into the 55 of which thy were born from. And the fry born when they were 2 months old are now larger than them. Idk why....

My very first batch of fry are now 6 wks old. 5 are still alive. They were put in the 20 gal tank at a little less than 1 wk. They survived the danios. I havent named them yet but there are 2 males and 3 females.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120407_231631.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120407_231631.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 69
I believe it will show the female pic and the tank pic. The other was a male.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120407_231721.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120407_231721.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 73
  • ForumRunner_20120407_231755.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120407_231755.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 55
I had several fry. Most got eaten but I rescued four. I was using a cup until I got a breeder net. When I put the last fry in the cup, it got stuck to the side and it survived. It's tail was also ripped off and it lived

Wow, I've dug fry out of the gravel and had to put a small amount of gravel in the nursery because they wont hide angers else, just sit there panting

Back
Top Bottom