Baby surprise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minx

Aquarium Advice Activist
After setting up a new tank, I moved all the inhabitants out of my 10g last weekend. Seen as though I had a bit of a snail problem, I dumped a dollop of snail treatment in ... I just poured from the bottle as I wasn't bothered about overdosing given there were no fish in the tank.

Anyhow, after going away for a couple of days I came back to find the tank full of baby Corys! Hadn't noticed any eggs before I moved my Corys out, but I guess they must have been well hidden.

Somehow they've managed to survive an extreme dose of snail treatment ... guess the 10g is going to be a breeding tank for a while!

Better go do a bit of a water change and start diluting the snail treatment!

I'm celebrating with blue and pink Mini Eggs ... shops seem to be full of them even tho Easter is ages away!

Can't believe how many little babies are squiggling round the tank ... good timing moving the adults out I guess.

Anyone know what the survival rate to adulthood is?

I think I'm gonna have a crack at breeding Cory's, once my guppy fry have grown up in there 11 gallon, the fish in general sounds good fun.

They're ace ... really entertaining little fish. Mine have calmed down a bit now they're a bit older, but theyr'e still great fun to watch.

They're dead easy to breed to ... I've done nothing to encourage them. I've not had any babies survive to adulthood yet, but I've never separated them from the adults till now ... touch wood I might get a few adults out of this lot!

If the babies are in a tank by them selves then the survival ratio will be extremly good, as long as the water is clean and they are fed proprerly.

Congrats on the new comers.

Back
Top Bottom