baby white cloud minnows.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shallowwater

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi- When i went to the pet shop i specifically said that i dont want to have to take care of baby fish- They gave me a few fish and due to many first timer mistakes- i am left with two- white cloud mountain minnows-
This morning there is a surprise in the tank!- What first looked like tiny flies there appears to be dozens of tiny fish babies (i think!- i attached a photo)

No idea how to take care of them- so any and all tips are appreciated!!
Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0209.jpg
    IMAG0209.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 251
shallowwater said:
Hi- When i went to the pet shop i specifically said that i dont want to have to take care of baby fish- They gave me a few fish and due to many first timer mistakes- i am left with two- white cloud mountain minnows-
This morning there is a surprise in the tank!- What first looked like tiny flies there appears to be dozens of tiny fish babies (i think!- i attached a photo)

No idea how to take care of them- so any and all tips are appreciated!!
Thanks

They are very prolific fish and spawn easily in tanks. If you dont want to take care of the babies then dont, they will probably take care of themselves as long as you have live plants and cover. You can feed them finely crushed flake food if you want. Keep water pristine. But i would just leave them, they are very hardy and mine have done well if left alone.
Wcmms are schooling fish, i suggest you get at least 4 more. If your tank can't accommodate them then take them back to the store.
If you do get a school i would expect to see fry from time to time, and some may survive to adulthood so you can expect to have more than you originally bought. This can be a problem of you don't have space for them.
If you dont want to deal with that, male guppies are also colorful and active and easy to care for.

Back
Top Bottom