Bala Sharks Mating? Playing? or Fighting for dominance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shark21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi just wondering if any one knows the true ansewer to why two of my 5" Bala Sharks are all of a sudden rubbing up against each other nipping each other and swimming around like they are glued together. One is much larger in size than the other and they have never done this before; I have had them for about 8 months. They are in a lightly stocked 75g tank. They seem more than happy and are very healthy. I do a 25% water change once a week. I heard Balas won't mate in captivity but the amount of time and effort I put into keeping the guys in good health and clean water I wouldn't be surprised if the situation was just right. I also have a woodland cat that people say will only come out at night but mine comes out atleast once a day ro say hi and eat! Anyways any advice would be helpful. Haven't found any def. Ansewer on line...not worried about them because they seem happy just curious as to what they are doing all of sudden?

Hi just wondering if any one knows the true ansewer to why two of my 5" Bala Sharks are all of a sudden rubbing up against each other nipping each other and swimming around like they are glued together. One is much larger in size than the other and they have never done this before; I have had them for about 8 months. They are in a lightly stocked 75g tank. They seem more than happy and are very healthy. I do a 25% water change once a week. I heard Balas won't mate in captivity but the amount of time and effort I put into keeping the guys in good health and clean water I wouldn't be surprised if the situation was just right. I also have a woodland cat that people say will only come out at night but mine comes out atleast once a day ro say hi and eat! Anyways any advice would be helpful. Haven't found any def. Ansewer on line...not worried about them because they seem happy just curious as to what they are doing all of sudden?

I did a little research and it sounds like your fish are too small to be spawning. You might want to check out this link: Bala Shark Mating

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom