Balloon mollys eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know I'm sorry. sometimes when my guppy gives birth there are 1 or 2 of those eggs. hopefully you will get some fry though :)

Don't be too upset sometimes this happens. If you don't get some live born this time then the next time around she will be more prepared and there's a good chance you will have little fry!

Shes still in labor and extremely at still so maybe there some fry but if not its ok i guess :)

Putting them into a breeding trap like that can stress them out and cause them to abort. If it ends up looking that way then try using a breeder net or a separate well planted birthing tank.

To increase your odds feed frozen foods like bloodworms and brine shrimp. And most importantly, from my experience, get any and all males outta the aquarium to decrease stress. My females will have 1 fry per month for 3-4 months after theyre prego and I remove the male. I also don't use breeding nets... Just live plants for hiding spaces. My females are far less successful in breeding if/when I keep the male around to harass them.

Ok ill try to seperate them. Do u think she will abort them all shes still extremely fat

Well IF she's still fertilized (and likely she is), AND the next batch is given the opportunity to develop in ideal conditions... then you should have another chance or two at babies.

They stay pretty fat between fry.

The front part of the belly bulges and gets the squared or boxed appearance and the "hole" for lack of a better word (I'm no scientist) starts to bulge. Some of my mollies hang out about 2-4 inches from the top by themselves... Others hide in vegetation and try to drop them into the middle/on top of my plants.

I've tried to witness a birth but haven't yet. I have about 150-200 babies of varying sizes swimming around right now. Only the strong survive ;)

Yeh im switching my tank a bit tomorow. Im duin a live bearer only tank. In gonna trade in my tetras they seem to nip fins anyway and just go peacefull livebearers :)

Back
Top Bottom