Best Angel to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hii-_-Fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was wondering what you guys think is the best Angel fish to breed?

Best angelfish to breed for what it either comes down to personal preference or what sells in your area

I was wondering what you guys think is the best Angel fish to breed?
What you should find is the closer you get to varieties that are closer to silvers ( wild stock color) the hardier the fish will be. Inherently, Black Angel types are more fragile than most other colors. Silvers, Marbles, Golds are the hardier stock because they have ( or should have) less genetic makeup. Keep in mind that the fancier the fish is, the more it took to get them that way so you may find a higher percentage of the fry will be deformed or not "up to standard." Veiltail varieties will grow slower than straight tails and not be as strong. The strongest fry will come from wild fish however, wild fish will be harder to get to spawn.
So the "best" Angel to breed may be different to everybody based on what they are breeding them for. Sale, Coloration, Finnage? These factors can determine the "best" ones to use. What I laid out applies to all color forms.
Hope this helps. (y)

Best angelfish to breed for what it either comes down to personal preference or what sells in your area
I would say jus personal preference I'm not really interested in selling but i wouldn't mind knowing which angels are worth more or can get you the most profit

Right now the current trend seems to be blues and high coverage koi

Right now the current trend seems to be blues and high coverage koi
1/2 blacks & 1/2 Black veils tend to hold a high figure no matter when. Many of today's colors are "Fad" colors and, if history repeats itself, will lose value over time. 1/2 Blacks are almost as expensive now as they were 20 years ago. (They were expensive then and they still are now... when you can get them. ;) )
Demand dictates price and now that the Blues and Kois have been around a while, they are not so expensive. True Black Angels are another high demand fish that are not easy to come by and are usually more expensive than the regulars. Black lace are common so you want to get "True" fully black Angels ( a.k.a. Double Dark) if that's what you are going for. (y) Again, they are also more fragile.

Intriguing responses thank you all it really helps more opinions are welcomed though

There is no such thing as a "best" angel to breed.
As Andy said, some angel mutations are inherently stronger than others and some are more expensive. If you want to breed angels, don't go to the local fish store to get your angels, go to a reputable breeder and start with the best stock you can afford.
Right now, I think that for domestic angels blue half-blacks, Dantums and Bulgarian Seal Points are the most expensive new "fads" out there. Everyone has, or has had, Blues and Koi. Wild caught Altums are always expensive, but they are also almost impossible to breed.

There is no such thing as a "best" angel to breed.
As Andy said, some angel mutations are inherently stronger than others and some are more expensive. If you want to breed angels, don't go to the local fish store to get your angels, go to a reputable breeder and start with the best stock you can afford.
Right now, I think that for domestic angels blue half-blacks, Dantums and Bulgarian Seal Points are the most expensive new "fads" out there. Everyone has, or has had, Blues and Koi. Wild caught Altums are always expensive, but they are also almost impossible to breed.
Intresting thank you

Back
Top Bottom